Windstar Manifold How To: (Vortech Pics Page 5!)

skatefreak

ops forgot to add what i wanted to say... I got it running!! I accidently cut one of my crank position sensor wires... so it wouldn't start!!! but its fuixed now... just wondering can anyone get a hold of Justin at VMP?? I ordered a tune two weeks ago and he has sent one yet.. he said 5 days.. also I haven't gotten any replies to my last two emails.. I'm just waiting for the tune so I can drive it to the dyno and see whats going on..

mysteed

is back!
This question might have already been asked in all of theses posts so I'm sorry in advance. I was wondering why people who are doing the windstar swaps are opting for this intake manifold instead of the newest ones on the freestar and f-150's?
Well there are a number if reasons why people don't use it, but the major reasons are that it would require using the lower intake as well, and you'd need about a 5" or taller cowl hood to clear the intake.

ops forgot to add what i wanted to say... I got it running!! I accidently cut one of my crank position sensor wires... so it wouldn't start!!! but its fuixed now... just wondering can anyone get a hold of Justin at VMP?? I ordered a tune two weeks ago and he has sent one yet.. he said 5 days.. also I haven't gotten any replies to my last two emails.. I'm just waiting for the tune so I can drive it to the dyno and see whats going on..
Have you sent him another email or tired to call him?

Infamous

The Twins
Sorry to bring up a dead thread but I am getting ready to do the windstar upgrade and am going to be just buying a intake from a scrap yard and sorta fabbing up everything else. Can someone please show me some up to date pics as well as some info for getting it under my stock hood with pins? Thanks in advanced.

Francis

Seattle, WA>Texas
Sorry to bring up a dead thread but I am getting ready to do the windstar upgrade and am going to be just buying a intake from a scrap yard and sorta fabbing up everything else. Can someone please show me some up to date pics as well as some info for getting it under my stock hood with pins? Thanks in advanced.
Here are some pics of vortech setups with intercoolers and the windstar intake:

Infamous

The Twins
Can someone post up some pics of there IAC relocation? I am going to be doing away with my EGR and getting a tune but from what I understand the stock throttle body position and IAC is what causes you not to be able to use a stock hood. I also understand some people have came up with ways to get around this. I just picked up my intake for 35.00 so I am good to go on that end. Can I use my stock TB or do I need to find one from the windstar?

Infamous

The Twins
Bump still needing shots of there IAC location and also can someone show the custom brackets they made for everything that will clear the stock hood?

StangMod

Steven @ VAP Auto
Bump still needing shots of there IAC location and also can someone show the custom brackets they made for everything that will clear the stock hood?
I have made a lot of custom parts for the Windstar intake swap, include the IAC relocation bracket. You can check out my parts here; www.vapauto.com

If you have any questions just let me know.

BUTCH86

Im used to aluminum intakes thats all ive ever worked with, my question to you all is if your running n2o how well does or will that plastic hold up to a n20 backfire like with a missed shift ? i know there arent many air boxes left on the early mustangs due to them blowing apart. Just a question.

Bye the way it does clean up the engine compartment quite a bit and seems like it helps a bit performance wise im sure it helps keep the incoming air a bit cooler as well due to not being metal and soaking up the heat..

I like the R & D attitude alot of you have on here. Keep up the good work.

Codeman

Hey guys new to this site, came from mm. I actually just bought a upper windstar, and i have a gt tb coming. I am jc, i have a headache, i read thru the first 3 pages of this but I am curious wut the gains are that people have gained from this? Also how would you recommend running the throttle cable with the stock hood. I looked at vap but I just bought a new tb and i do not mant to send mine in for core since it is bigger. thanks

Duke

God
Im used to aluminum intakes thats all ive ever worked with, my question to you all is if your running n2o how well does or will that plastic hold up to a n20 backfire like with a missed shift ? i know there arent many air boxes left on the early mustangs due to them blowing apart. Just a question.

Bye the way it does clean up the engine compartment quite a bit and seems like it helps a bit performance wise im sure it helps keep the incoming air a bit cooler as well due to not being metal and soaking up the heat..

I like the R & D attitude alot of you have on here. Keep up the good work.
It's advised to not use the Windstar (or plastic intakes) with nitrous. The Windstar is fine for boost however.

Codeman

that does not make sense, the ssms mustang uses the windstar and they are spraying a 125 shot. A lot of people spray with the windstar. Also anyway a nitrous backfire is a bad thing. Look at the new mustangs there intake manifolds are the same plastic. They use nitrous. It is fine. No matter wut when you have a backfire it is going to cause damage.

StangMod

Steven @ VAP Auto
Hey guys new to this site, came from mm. I actually just bought a upper windstar, and i have a gt tb coming. I am jc, i have a headache, i read thru the first 3 pages of this but I am curious wut the gains are that people have gained from this? Also how would you recommend running the throttle cable with the stock hood. I looked at vap but I just bought a new tb and i do not mant to send mine in for core since it is bigger. thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

I do modify the 65mm GT TBs. If you are interested in having your modified shoot me an email. [email protected].

Harper

i am thinking this is a good intake for NA but not for NOS
if you have one small Backfire that intake will look like it was made out of wet paper lol
PORTING my Stock 99 Split Port intake!