Wiper Control Module

shaunk101

Car or Girl? Choices
I have a 2000 mustang and my wipers have stoped working. i checked my motor (fine) muti-switch (fine) so now i am at the point that i am ready to replace my wiper Control Module but i dont know where it is under my dash. There is a black box behind my fuse box is that it?? also is the Wiper control Mod the GEM module?? and last any one know where i can find one?? I checked the other post but could not find an answer to my question thanx

Richter12x2

I know this is old as crap, but just in case anyone else is searching for this information, on the 94 Mustang at least it is attached to the back of the fuse box, above a relay. (Best found by lying upside down with head where brake pedal is, upper half of spine on driver's seat, lower half of spine on door sill, and legs convulsing madly from broken spine.) :D

AZ2KVert

Old guy
The wipers are controlled by two relays located in the fuse box under the hood, near the battery. An on/off relay and a high/low relay. I think I'd check them before I started screwing with the GEM under the dash.

Richter12x2

Definitely, good info! Mine have started blowing the 30 amp wiper fuse and the cabin fuse recently :p, unfortunately since my car alarm was also tied into that line for power, I couldn't start the car. When I was troubleshooting I just happened to find that box behind the fuse box that clicked everytime I turned the wipers on and off. (Now the motor doesn't move the wipers at all.)

I'm about to move on to the wiper motor and test it out as soon as I get the time, but I have a race today so it's going to be later. :p

Richter12x2

Except according the owner's manual, the 1994 Mustang Convertible doesn't have a separate relay for the wipers, only the wiper control module, and mine is definitely bad, because I have no voltage at the wiper motor, and no voltage at the window washer pump.

Anyone know where I can find one of these (for 1994 V6 convertible, if it matters?)