Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wiper speed

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Jean Allison, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jean Allison

Jean Allison New Member

I replaced my wiper motor last year because the wiper would not go off. Now they only work in fast mode. Can I get some help here? What's going on?

2. John

John Ex-Legend

Do you have an electrical tester to test for voltage?
    Its one of three things:
    New motor is incorrect model or was installed improperly (bad ground, corroded/shorted harness)
    Fuse/Relay could be bad
    Multi-connector ( on steering wheel) could be bad.

Most of the time its a bad switch or relay, or if the harness was connected backwards it could be sending different voltages to the wipers.

Check the relays and fuses first. I havent been under the hood of a 05+ but for 94-04s there are the big maxi fuses and relays that are under the hood on the drivers side ( plastic popoff cover) and the mini fuses under the steering wheel ( may be moved for 2005+)

Test all fuses.
    If you have two identical relays, and one is for wipers, and another one is for headlights, try taking a relay out of something working and swap it with wiper relay and test it out. If it works- problem solved, just buy a new relay.

Relays are going to be the little black boxes with multiple prongs coming out of them that plug into fuse panels and harnesses. Do not "swap" one for another unless they have identical part numbers, or identical voltage/ratings.
    If its not a normal $10.00 relay, then you might need to go to a salvage yard and get one, because "specialty relays" can sell for $100 online sometimes.

Brent likes this.
  3. amustangrocks

amustangrocks Active Member

low and intermittent speeds do not operate, high speed ok
    Key in off position
    Disconnect windshield wiper motor C125
    Measure the resistance between the circuit 1205 (BK) harness side and ground

Heres a pic from the manual that might help. Its a PDF file

Attached Files: