Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wiring diagram for 1998 3.8L cigarette lighter and auxillary outlet

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by RJ2, Oct 30, 2017.

1. RJ2

RJ2 New Member

I have no power to the cigarette lighter and auxillary power outlet. Haynes Manual wiring diagrams don't show these. Does anyone have one? I have confirmed 30A fuse is good and 13V confirmed across the fuse. Wire plugs for these are two wires one Blue w/White stripe and other Black. Thanks!

2. douglass

douglass Active Member

Have you verified the wires are plugged in to the outlets?

3. RJ2

RJ2 New Member

Yes. No power to the harness wire connectors at the outlets.

4. mrwitty_1

mrwitty_1 Member

5. RJ2

RJ2 New Member

mrwitty_1, thanks for your response to my post. As I follow your wiring diagram, there is a direct connection from the engine compartment high voltage fuse box to the cigar lighter and aux. power outlet. I'll check the wiring harness at the fuse box for the lt blue w/white stripe wire to ensure a solid connection with the fuse connectors. Then, attempt to determine where the lt blue w/white stripe wire passes through the firewall to determine if there is a wire damage or short. Finally, I will check below the dashboard instrument panel for any wire abrasion or breakage. If I fail to determine where the short is, I will have to run a new wire to the cigar lighter and aux power socket. Please let me know if you feel there is a more likely cause for loss of power to these items and an easier process to identify the root cause of the problem. Thks!