X-Pipe

BlackStallion

Hey I know someone that is selling a Bassani X-Pipe. I have dual Flowmasters and for some stupid reason the muffler shop cut my h pipe to run the pipes straight. Will the X-Pipe help me out since they cut mine or is it nothing worth thinking about? Oh yeah this is on a 2000 V6

Kirbykajin

axe'm Jacks!!
it will change the sound some and thats about it....
if its an offroad xpipe it will definitely change the sound and will obviously eliminate your cats and give your car a better sound IMO.
so if its cheap go for it. but its bassani so i doubt it will be cheap.

Kirbykajin

axe'm Jacks!!
By the blackstallion,
i see your in tyler, just a little over an hour away from here, you ought to join us at our next north texas meet, there a lot of fun, (well weve only had 1 and it was a blast) THe more people the better. Just keep an eye out and we always post in the regional forums, under texas when and where. hopefully we can meet up sometime.

stang_ahead

Still alive
And if you see a silver 96 Eclipse GS with angled exhaust with a UT-Tyler sticker on the back window, say "Hey, Keanan".:crazy: That'd be great! Maybe if I ever make it back up to Tyler, we can meet up sometime.

BlackStallion

Yeah let me know when the next meet is and i will try and make it. The X-Pipe is an off road one without the cats. Will this make my exhaust more quiet or louder, because i am getting tired of the drone in low RPMs mainly because i have turndowns. And yes it will be a whole lot cheaper than a brand new one.

darkcrayz

Could someone explain cats to me, everytime someone says cats I dont know if its the whole exhaust system, or just a component. It is confusing me.

Monkey

Knew a thing or two
cats are your catalytic converters. there are a set on the y-pipe on our cars, and on any crossover pipe. they filter the exhaust basically. they will help to keep the pollution lower, but in exchange for healthier air, you lose some hp, and sound (restrictive)

Kirbykajin

axe'm Jacks!!
but blackstallion you live in tyler and there is no emmisions testing there yet so i say go for it. And yeah get some tailpipes on your muffs and the exhaust will be much better. I had mine dumped like yours and that drone on the highway just killed me, plus it makes your car rattle.

BlackStallion

Yeah that is what i plan on doing but i want to get a GT rear bumper. Do the tips look ok coming outta the bottom of the V6 rear bumper??? What size if so?? Aren't the GT's 3" so i was wanting to get that size so i could later just put my bumper on but i am getting so tired of the drone. The good thing is that i just bought a 12W7 sub and a 1000 watt amp to kill those petty noises!!! Won't the inspection places look underneath my car when the inspect it???

Kirbykajin

axe'm Jacks!!
well i didnt like the way the tips sticking out from underneath looked so thats why i have the gt rear bumper, but if you cant afford it looks ok...

some places look for cats and others dont, might ask other people around town and see if there is a crooked inspection place.

and yes 3 inch tips is what the gt's have.

darkcrayz

Kirby how much did the GT bumper cost you, and where did you get, because I am looking at possibly getting one if it is low enough because I like how the exhaust fits into the cut out myself.

BlackStallion

Yeah i was wondering the same thing since we are around the same area. where did you get your bumper?? It is not anything to do with can i afford it, it is basically what will my dad let me do since the car is still in his name while i am in college. did you buy your already painted??

stang_ahead

Still alive
So what year are you in college? Do you go to UT-Tyler or where? Also, as far as this topic, you could probably check a salvage yard or you might check with Midwest Mustang on the board. People here have mentioned where they got theirs but I never really pay much attention since I have a pre99.

BlackStallion

Hey i am at North East Texas right now on a baseball ride, but i am about to transfer to TJC because they are screwin me over down here. I lead the team in homeruns and now they want to red shirt me to change me into a singles and doubles hitter, that is messed up huh??