Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You guys exist too?!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KatrinaV6, Nov 3, 2013.

1. KatrinaV6

KatrinaV6 Grand Wizard of Spending Money

Hey guys, my name's Logan and I live in Arkansas. Where's Arkansas? Don't worry about it. We have teeth, we have guns, we have jobs - and most importantly: everyone here knows what a Mustang is. Which is pretty great.

So, I got my car when I was 15 (2003 V6). It was right after hurricane Katrina and my dad surprised me with the car after a football game one day. Don't get ahead of me - it's a flood car. I quit playing internet video games to spend several months working on this car to get to where it is now. I'm almost 22 and I still love this car. I've spent a lot of my time, and money on this thing. Oh, and blood. Lots of blood when I did the Long Tube install & the automatic to 5-speed conversion. Lemme tell you - clutch quadrant's are a real freaking pain to mess with and I am pretty sure I have scoliosis from installing that thing.

Currently: I'm running the Windstar intake, with the Mustang GT throttlebody, Spectre filter and pipe and we custom made a shield from some aluminum we had laying around and coated it with heat-resistant spray. Unfortunately, it was rubbing against the belt and AC pulley so I took it off (sad day, had to get a new belt from that adventure). I also have the MAC LT headers on there (best bang for the buck), with no cats, and the MAC-H-pipe with Flowmasters 44's and Dynomax 2.5" tail pipes (the GT replacements from Summit racing). For all the guys out there wondering how to make their rides sound more like a GT, this is the exhaust set up you want. I'll get a video of it on here at some point, but it's the sound you want to have, and it absolutely screams when you romp it. It's extremely raspy and does not - repeat DOES not - have that horrid 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa' sound to it that so many of the V6's have. It's also got the 91 octane tune from the XF3 flash from AM. Luckily, where I live, our Shell station just upgraded to the 93-ethanol free gas (makes a huge difference).

I know, I know "why spend more money on a poor design and architecture"? That's my dad's question. But, hey, he's got a 2002 and he's spent his whole life building it up and he's currently got a 363 and has more issues getting around town than I do (woot).

The best decision I made with the car has to be converting it to a 5-speed. For years I felt like people were looking at me going "pansy. he drives an auto. what a nub.", and for the most part - it was true. I called MPS one day and coughed up the $900 I had been saving for an entire summer and bought it and my dad and I installed it the next weekend when it showed up. Lots of head aches, but definitely worth it. The only issue I've got with it is the adjustable quadrant snapped on me when I was lifting 'up' on the pedal (I read you do this to reset it), and I'm pretty sure it did some cookie-fookie-freaky-internal damage on the clutch because it hasn't been the same sense. But, it ain't broke, so I ain't gonna fit it.

Had 4.10's in it, but I ruined that axle in about 2 years (automatics with a shift kit really do bang gears), in fact they banged so hard it would make my front-accessories freeze and squeal when I was goosin' it.

Right now, I've decided that I don't want to grow up and I want to spend some more money on the car. I have no idea what the dyno-numbers are; I don't think it matters. I'm seeking an Eaton M112 kit. I've seen MySteed's kit and I don't know if he's still doing them. I saw some threads on here where people were selling them / talking about them / but they're several years old. I'd really like to get my hands on a complete kit by January or February of this upcoming year (2-3 months away).

So, if you've got one - and you're looking to sell it. Not only do I have cash, but I have guns and ammo I'd be willing to trade along with cash, to cover the bases. Or even trade some of the parts off my car that I would be replacing (The Windstar intake is perfect and really does make a big difference, the gaskets and parts are also reusable), in addition to the aforementioned.

Looking forward to trolling with people, and being seriously compassionate and loving at the same time.

Brent likes this.
  2. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Welcome to the site, Logan. Mysteed is one of my friends. I'll give him a buzz and see if he's still doing kits.

3. KatrinaV6

Sounds great. I e-mailed him from the site he's got, but everything else seems to be deactivated / not working.

4. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Where you at in Arkansas?

5. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Welcome! We are going to relocate to Arkansas in the near future. Been tuning some of the guys over there and it seems like Arkanssas needs a Ford guy so there I go :D.

6. GrumpyStang

Where at?

7. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Jacksonville. Been looking at some shops there and they are relatively cheap with a decent amount of room to work on the cars and an office as well. Plus, love me the outdoors. Can't do that here without finding a body or cartels crossing illegals or drugs.

8. GrumpyStang

Cool. Jacksonville is like 30 minutes away from me. I go there decently often because I like their disc golf course

9. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

We are actually going to visit the place next month. Visit some areas and just welcome myself to the Mustang scene in person (Already talk to the mustang scene currently but obviously all online) so we'll see whats up.

10. GrumpyStang

Yeah central Arkansas has a pretty big car scene in general

11. KatrinaV6

I'm at Tech, so Pope County/ Russellville.

12. GrumpyStang

:thumbup: The home of the REAL Whattaburger

13. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Wait, you guys have Whataburger???? :drool:

14. KatrinaV6

Don't be fooled, it's gone to downhill lately. My recommendation for a great restaurant is the Morrilton Inn off of the first exit headed towards LR. It's so good. Everything about it is good.

Edit: I'm not biased. It's just not as good as it was when I was 10. Used to be so much greasier...

15. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Well, we'll be visiting the area next month so if you guys want to meet up at a restaurant I'm down. I'll be headed to PRI and Little Rock will be a rest area for us for a day or two.

16. GrumpyStang

It's separate from the chain, completely different. Granted, I have no idea how good it is now, I haven't been there in years. But I'm down to meet somewhere to eat or something, I live in Maumelle which is just outside of Little Rock

17. Brent

Brent Owner Staff Member

18. rooferron1

rooferron1 New Member

Your car sounds like it is kick ass good. don`t worry about growing up i`m 49 and just finished building a forged knife cut nitrided honda bearing 327 in the laundry room (for a vega). I don`t have a garage. I know its gm, but i`m not particular about brands. If it has an engine i like it. My 01 v6 is in the planning stage right now. Its still stock, my daily driver.

19. KatrinaV6

ha, I don't plan on growing up and out of the car-stage. It'll be around for awhile... I am definitely pursuing the M112 kit though.

20. Brent

Brent Owner Staff Member

M112 and some parts - V6Mustang.com